- This event has passed.
Capitol Hill Days
March 6, 2017 - March 7, 2017
AAKP will be taking the kidney community’s message to Capitol Hill on Monday, March 6, 2017 and Tuesday, March 7, 2017.
Kidney patient advocates will urge Congress to invest in patient care during visits with lawmakers in Washington, D.C. on March 7. This congressional visit is part of the 4th Annual Patient Advocacy Day, kicking off National Kidney Month.
The Patient Advocacy Day is a chance for kidney patients, family members and caregivers to share their stories will elected officials and ask them to help address the needs of the kidney community through public policy. The primary topics for discussion will be:
1) Living Donor Protection Act
2) CKD Early Detection and Management
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Chronic Kidney Disease Program
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) & National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK)
- HRSA Division of Organ Transplantation
If you are interested in joining AAKP at Capitol Hill, please email all of your contact information to email@example.com with the subject: HILL DAY and one of our office staff will reach out to you to discuss becoming an advocate for the kidney community.