The AAKP Veterans Health Initiative (VHI), based within the AAKP Center for Patient Engagement and Advocacy, is designed to advance research, innovation and policies aimed at safeguarding the highest standards in kidney care and treatment for veterans managing kidney disease both inside and outside the VA medical system. AAKP utilizes sophisticated social media and grassroots technologies to engage patients, medical professionals, and the public and to voice their concerns among policymakers.
Veterans and their families face many unique challenges related to managing their healthcare and this is especially true for veterans who suffer from kidney and other complex chronic diseases. AAKP is committed to making its fellow veterans have their voice heard, retain access to the care they have earned and are legally entitled to at the VA and elsewhere and gain the benefit of new research and innovations in the realms of biologics, diagnostics and devices.
Are you a veteran, active military or family member of a service member? Sign-up today to receive information on AAKP’s Veteran’s Health Initiative!
AAKP Veterans Health Initiative Alert: Acute Kidney Injury in Hospitalized U.S. Veterans with COVID-19 (A Podcast Accommodates the Article Here)
- U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs - Novel Coronavirus Disease webpage
- U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs - Mobile App: COVID Coach
- AAKP Participates in Kidney Innovation Summit at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- U.S.M.C. Veteran Named to Lead National Kidney Health Effort
- 12 Tips to Nephrology Teams Supporting Patients with Advanced Kidney Disease – Reflections of a Marine
- America's Veterans: Kidney Health During COVID-19 - (National Patient Meeting, 2020)
- Coronavirus: Observations of Healthcare Systems Responses to Pandemic (Nonprofit, Private, and VA) - (Global Summit on Kidney Innovation, 2020)
- VA Kidney Program's Response to COVID-19- (May 2020)
- Innovation, Patient Focus and Care Improvement: Veterans Administration Leadership in Kidney Care - (National Patient Meeting 2018)
- AAKP HealthLine Webinar - The Veterans Perspective: AAKP's Veterans Health Initiative (Nov. 2019)
- Vets First Podcast S:1 E:7: Pioneer in Kidney Transplant: Dr. Christie Thomas (Oct. 2020)
- AAKP Patient & Veteran Profile: Jennifer Jones, AAKP Ambassador (aakpRENALIFE, Nov. 2019)