[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF KIDNEY PATIENTS CALLS FOR NOMINATIONS FOR ITS MEDAL OF EXCELLENCE AWARDS
HONORING KIDNEY COMMUNITY EXCELLENCE – AAKP MEDAL OF EXCELLENCE AWARD
Tampa, FL – The American Association of Kidney Patients (AAKP) is accepting nominations for the 2017 Medal of Excellence Award. The deadline for entries is November 18th.
The AAKP Medal of Excellence Program recognizes renal healthcare professionals who demonstrated the skills that reflect AAKP’s mission of providing patients quality care in order for them to lead a more productive life. AAKP s categories include physicians, nurses, social workers, dietitians and dialysis technicians. Candidates for the award are nominated by colleagues and patients in their home institutions or through professional affiliations. Candidates may also self-nominate.
“The AAKP Medal of Excellence Award recognizes individuals who have left an everlasting mark on the kidney community,” stated AAKP Executive Director Gary Green. “When I look at the past winners, I am proud to honor and recognize them as they have made significant impacts on the lives of kidney patients and their families.”
Criteria for nominations should focus on ways in which an individual made an impact or lasting contribution, served as a positive role model and created an awareness and support for health education in the community.
Nominations must be submitted to AAKP by November 18, 2016. A selection committee is comprised of highly renowned healthcare professionals in the renal community, members of the AAKP Medical Advisory Board and past Medal of Excellence recipients.
Award recipients will be recognized throughout the 2017 year during a series of events and patient programs including:
- AAKP event hosted in conjunction with professional meetings including the Renal Physicians Association and the American Society of Nephrology
- Biographical articles on career achievements featured in aakpRENALIFE magazine
- Speaking opportunities during an AAKP Patient Education Program.
Visit http://184.108.40.206/medal-of-excellence to download the AAKP Medal of Excellence Award Nomination form.
2016 Past winners include:
- Richard Gibney, MD of Waco, TX
- Edward Jones, MD, MBA of Philadelphia, PA
- Katrina Russell, RN, CCN of Seattle, WA
- Karen Walton-Brown, RN, BSN, CNN of Dallas, TX
Social Work Category
- Wendy Funk Schrag, LMSW, ACSW of Newton, KS
- Linda McCann, RN, CSR, LD of Eagle, ID
- Rita Dimmitt-Solomon, RD, CSR, LDN of Nashville, TN
Completed applications must be received by November 18, 2016, to this address:
- American Association of Kidney Patients Medal of Excellence Program 14440 Bruce B. Downs Blvd. Tampa, FL 33613
- Program Contact for AAKP: Diana Clynes, Dir. of Programs & Services P 813-400-2391 F 813-636-8122 email@example.com
AAKP is a voluntary non-profit organization founded by kidney patients, which for 45 years, has been dedicated to improving the quality of life of kidney patients through education, advocacy and the fostering of patient communities. The programs offered by AAKP inform and inspire patients and their families to better understand their condition, adjust more readily to their circumstances, and assume more normal, productive lives in their communities.