- • ¾ pound ground chicken
- • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- • 1 teaspoon chili powder
- • 1 teaspoon cumin
- • 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- • 1 package of 8 taco shells*
- • ½ cup Mexican blend natural shredded cheese**
- • ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh scallions
- Brown the ground chicken in butter on medium heat along with the seasonings.
- Fill 2 taco shells for each person with meat mixture, cilantro, scallions and cheese.
MEASURING the cheese is the key! It should be ⅛ cup per 2 tacos.
Fresenius Medical Care is sponsoring Chef Aaron McCargo, Jr., star of the Food Network show “Big Daddy’s House’, who brings his passion for big, bold flavors and fun family cooking to dialysis patients as part of its Healthy Lifestyle inititative.
*Optional Serving Suggestions: Ingredients can also be served in a lettuce wrap, pressed between a flour tortilla to make a quesadilla, or tossed with spaghetti or rice.