- 6 pork loin or rib chops (3 oz. each)
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 tsp. margarine or butter
- 1/2 tsp. rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. basil leaves
- 1 1/2 cups sliced onions
- 1/2 tsp. sage
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Coat chops with flour.
- Melt margarine in large oven-proof skillet. Brown chops in margarine over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, sage, rosemary, basil, pepper, tomatoes, and water. Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Chops and steaks may be brushed with oil and then sprinkled with spices and herbs one hour before cooking.
This article originally appeared in the November 2009 issue of At Home with AAKP.