- 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. margarine or butter, melted
- 2 pkg (8 oz.) cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (21oz) blueberry filling
- Mix wafer crumbs, 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) sugar and margarine.
- Press in bottom of 9 inch (20 cm) spring form pan or 9 inch (20 cm) pie pan.
- Bake 10 minutes at 350° (175° C). Cool.
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl. Add 1 cup (235 ml) sugar gradually, beating until fluffy.
- Add lemon peel and vanilla. Beat in one egg at a time. Pour over crumb mixture.
- Bake at 300° (150° C) for 1 hour or until center is firm. Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Top with pie filling. Makes 16 slices.